Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Electric Blues

  Coat: Reformation "Landon Coat" (here)
Sweater & Blouse: Olive & Oak (Nordstrom)
Denim: Dittos Brand
Blue Booties: UGG Australia "Cortona" Convertible Boot in Indigo (here)
Necklace: Vanessa Mooney
Below are some tips that I find helpful when layering for the cold and rainy weather we've been having lately in LA. I personally like the option of shedding layers rather than not having enough layers & freezing my buns off, so I typically stick to the 3 layer rule.  
  1. Start off with a good base. Then layer up your outfit piece by piece by piece.
  2. Layer thin ➡️ thick ➡️ thickest.  Start with thinner layers and work up to your thickest layer. I started with a thin silk blouse, layered a cropped knitted sweater for some warmth, and topped off the look with a heavy duty coat from Reformation.
  3. Mix it up with different textures and material. I kept my look fun and interesting by mixing silk and wool. 
  4. Show off all your layers. I chose a cropped sweater to show off the bright blue blouse underneath and then draped my coat over my shoulders to pull the whole look together. 

1 comment: