Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tick-Tac-Ouch! My Toes!

Between learning the ropes at my new job and figuring out paint colors and home decor for Eddie's and my new house, I haven't had much time to get out and explore until this past weekend. My girlfriend from UCSB and her boyfriend go on weekly hikes so I decided to tag along this time. We hiked to the summit of Mount Islip in the San Gabriel mountains, continued to the Little Jimmy Trail, and then took the Windy Gap Trail back down the mountain. Somewhere along the way, I collected a nice fat tick behind my ear. In addition to the tick, I also collected some nice blisters during that long 7 hour hike. I guess if I ignore the fact that I potentially contracted Lyme disease and ruined my pedicure, it was a successful hike with some great friends! Nothing beats this view of the clouds rolling in as the sun slowly set. If the weather permits, I may be headed on another adventure this weekend! Keeping my fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment