Thursday, August 22, 2013

Coast is Clear

It's no secret that lucite accessories have been all the rage this past spring and summer. Personally I am a total fan of lucite accents in fashion...especially lucite heels on shoes!  A great lucite shoe is kind of like a mullet...business in the front and party in the back! There's only a minor difference between the two...lucite heels are awesome and mullets aren't so much lol. But who am I to judge. Maybe I'll look back at my blog one day and ask what the heck I was thinking with these clear heels of mine. But at the moment, I am adoring this trend! 

I actually purchased my first pair of clear-heeled shoes about 3 years ago and people either thought they were the most amazing things ever or just super tacky. With the help of the big designers and their fabulous runway shows, these babies have become more socially acceptable. To be honest, it's not like I cared if people liked my taste in shoes or not but it's just fun to see other ladies (other than hookers) struttin' around in clear heels too lol.

For this look, I paired one of my latest lucite shoe purchases with a color blocked blouse and some gray snake printed shorts. The snake print along with the clear heel are pretty subtle details that add a whole lot of fun and excitement to the neutral colored outfit. I finished off the look with some simple accessories, which included a long Vanessa Mooney silver chain and earrings, and a Luv AJ caged cuff. 

Hope you guys are enjoying the lucite trend as much as I am!

Blouse: Olive & Oak
Shorts: Carmar (LF Stores)
Lucite Heels: Jeffrey Campbell "Affair" heels (here)
Bracelet: Luv AJ (here)
Necklace: Vanessa Mooney

4 comments: