Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fashion + Music = Pure Happiness

This past May, I was lucky enough to be a part of music festival history by attending BottleRock in Napa Valley, CA. It was both BottleRock's and my first music festival ever and I must say that it was absolutely EPIC!!! I really didn't know what to expect and frankly I was pretty nervous. I don't consider myself high maintenance, but I do enjoy my personal space and a clean bathroom (which are not things you would typically find at a music festival as you probably figured). Although I was nervous, I couldn't imagine not going and turning down the opportunity to see so many amazing artists. Some of which included: Kings of Leon, Alabama Shakes, The Shins, The Black Keys, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, The Flaming Lips, The Wallflowers, Allen Stone, Bad Religion, Jane's Addiction, Grouplove, Rogue Wave, and so much more!!! I know you're probably jealous because I'm still a little jealous of myself, but no worries! BottleRock was such a success that it's coming back in 2014!

As you probably know, a big part of music festivals besides the music is the fashion. Since my boyfriend and I were traveling up to San Francisco and staying with my friend, Daina, I didn't want to be rude and over-pack. We all know what over-packing leads to...and that's an explosion of clothes all over the place so I planned my outfits using the same hat and shoes for 3 days. I only ended up packing 2 pairs of shoes for 5 days of vacation...which is a HUGE accomplishment for me! And to top it all off, I fit all of my belongings in 2 duffel bags!!!

Below are some snapshots of my outfits from BottleRock. As you can see, I opted for long sleeves and a wide brimmed hat to shield me from the scorching hot sun each day, boots to protect my toes from getting trampled on, and short shorts and a short dress to still keep things interesting! haha

Day 1
 

 

Blouse: Olive & Oak (from Bloomingdales)
Dress: Urban Outfitters (layered under the blouse)
Socks: LF Stores
Hat: UBI Hats & Accessories (from LF Stores)
Boots: Seychelles
Necklace: flea market

Day 2

 

 

 


 
Daina and I showing off our arm candy.

Maxi Cape: One Teaspoon (here in "Dirty Nude" color)
 Lace Crop Top: Millau (from LF Stores)
Corduroy Shorts: Carmar (from LF Stores)
Hat: UBI Hats & Accessories (from LF Stores)
Boots: Seychelles
Jewelry: Amrita Singh, Vanessa Mooney, Stacey Sterling, Charlene K, and flea markets

Day 3 

 

 

 

 Bell Sleeve Lace Top: Mystree (from Nordstrom)
Distressed Denim Shorts: Evil Twin (here)
Hat: UBI Hats & Accessories (from LF Stores)
Boots: Seychelles
Necklace: Stacey Sterling
Nail Art: painted by me

  A shot of a Sonoma Vineyard on our way to Napa.

The reason I'm bringing up the past is because I just attended another amazing day of music and fashion out in San Bernardino, CA at the San Manuel Amphitheater on June 2nd. When I initially bought these tickets to see Mumford & Sons, I had no idea that it was a festival style concert with food trucks and carnival game booths too. I later found out that there were about 30,000 people that attended the show. I had never heard of the other bands, but I am so glad I discovered Michael Kiwanuka and Mystery Jets! Obviously, Mumford & Sons was beyond amazing...but that's a given!

I decided to go with a boho inspired look for this fun-filled day of music. I painted my nails white to compliment my gold jewelry and really make them pop. Hope you enjoy my festival outfits!

What are some other music festivals that you guys would recommend? I think I'm addicted now...

Ran into my beautiful friend, Jacquelyn, while grabbing some food.

Hat: vintage
Necklace: Vanessa Mooney
Crocheted Crop Top: Millau (LF Stores)
Silk Maxi Skirt: Maggie Ward
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (here in "camel" color which is not pictured)


Jewelry includes: vintage Cartier, flea market finds, TomTom jewelry, gifts from friends, LF Stores.

Mumford & Sons Encore.

Snapped a shot of the beautifully designed stage as 30,000 people were clearing out.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment