Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Don't Be Such A Pansy

How wild and fun are these printed trousers?! I bought these babies at the beginning of summer and haven't found the time to wear them yet. Since summer is coming to an end, I figured I'd bust them out for a stroll.

To be honest, I haven't really gone out much at all since I've moved into my new home. The boyfriend and I also haven't seen much of each other with the exception of him helping me move furniture, build my bed, install my appliances, etc. In the 11 years we've known each other, he's helped me move about 5 or 6 times! That's true love and dedication, y'all (especially because I'm kind of a hoarder when it comes to clothes and furniture) hahaha! Anyway, we haven't had any fun dates together in awhile. He's been working his bumbum off and I've been cooped up at home. So on his first free night in over a week, we went out to dinner together! 

I wore these crazy printed trousers with a simple black velvet top and my Jeffrey Campbell clear-heeled sandals. Believe it or not...I used to be afraid of prints! For the longest time, I'd only buy solid colored bottoms with an occasional printed top here and there. Now I'm all about the crazy, funky prints and patterns! I mean...I still buy alot of basics too because they're great for layering (especially during the colder months), but I'm definitely experimenting alot more. 

TIPS:

Here are some quick and simple tips for those of you that are scared of printed bottoms but want to step outside your comfort zone. Don't be such a pansy (like my pants) and try this look out:

1) Pair your printed bottoms with a solid colored top. Typically, I'd choose a top in a color that's also found in the bottom. This will help bring your look together and make it cohesive.
2) Choose a fitted top if your bottoms are looser and flowy. And choose a looser top for the more fitted bottoms. This will help balance out your whole look.
3) I would suggest wearing printed bottoms with some sort of heel to elongate your legs. The busy prints can make your legs appear shorter so throw on some heels to finish off the look.

Hope these simple tips help. I'd love to see pics of how you guys style your printed trousers so send me links or emails! I love hearing from you guys!
Top: MinkPink 'Witchcraft Velvet tee' (here)
Printed Trousers: vintage
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell 'Affair' (here)
Clutch: J.J. Winters (here in orange boa )
Coral Necklace: vintage
Bracelets: Vanessa Mooney (here) and Jenny Bird (here)

1 comment:

  1. Selling pot to Americans will still be the single largest source of revenue for Mexican cartels Newport Cigarettes Website, inspiring unending bloodshed. And New Jersey will still forfeit hundreds of millions in annual tax revenue to illegal organizations Wholesale Cigarettes.

    Thankfully, we're about to elect a new governor Marlboro Cigarettes, who will almost certainly support legalization Newport Cigarettes. The usual argument against legalization is that it will cause more teenagers to use pot, which serves as a gateway drug. But this isn't borne out by the facts.

    ReplyDelete