Saturday, August 31, 2013

Skirting the Issue

I've accumulated dozens of awesome midi and maxi skirts in the past couple years and I kind of forgot about them this summer. After packing and unpacking my clothes from boxes during the move, I found some hidden gems that I haven't worn in ages including this super cute MinkPink midi skirt.

I knew I was going to be out running errands all day in the crazy heat so I decided to wear something that would keep me cool and comfortable. And this outfit did just that! I was out and about from 9am to 5pm and didn't even have time to head home and change outfits before heading to dinner with my boyfriend and friends in Pasadena. 

I paired my midi skirt with a fitted Theory tank top, some comfortable Seychelles flats, and my Chloe purse. I'd typically wear midi skirts with heels to elongate my legs but I broke my own rules all for the sake of comfort. 

Tips:

Don't skirt the issue, people! Pulling off the midi/maxi skirt look isn't as hard as you may think. People are always worried that these skirts could potentially swallow you whole if you're not a model...but not all long skirts are evil! You just have to find the right length for your height! It really is a trial and error process...so be patient! There isn't a set rule on how to choose a skirt length but I recommend hemlines that hit the part of your leg that begins to thin out. That way your legs won't appear short and stumpy.

Try lighter fabrics before it gets too cold and slowly transition to thicker and heavier fabrics for fall and winter! Have fun with it and soon enough you'll find a perfect length for you!
Tank Top: Theory (similar here
Striped Skirt: MinkPink (here)
Flat: Seychelles (here on SUPER SALE)
Purse: Chloe
Bracelets: Vanessa Mooney (here), Cartier, and vintage
Necklace: Charlene K
 
We went to Slater's 50/50 for burgers and beers.
And finished off our night with some gourmet ice cream at Coolhaus (which is my absolute favorite ice cream place with my favorite gross sounding but heavenly tasting flavor--fried chicken and waffles!)

No comments:

Post a Comment