Thursday, December 26, 2013

Hoppy Holidays

Christmas Eve dinner was almost a disaster...because my family forgot to make/buy desserts!!! But luckily my handsome hero, Eddie, came to the rescue with a box of DeLuscious cookies and milk. Anyone that knows me will know that I can't live without sweets and desserts. I mean...there must be a reason why literally 95% of people that gave me gifts added in bars, bags, & boxes of chocolates as a part of their presents to me. I'm clearly a chocoholic and there's no denying it lol. Ain't no shame in my game....

Because I tend to get carried away with food and sweets in general (especially during the holiday season), I decided to wear a loose fitting silk dress from Maggie Ward to hide my food baby after chowing down at the Christmas Eve dinner. I styled it with thick brown tights, crocodile boots, and a vintage bunny fur coat I found at a flea market to top off my look. I sloppily piled my hair on top of my head in a bun and called it a day.

Anyway, Christmas Eve and Christmas have been absolutely magical. I was lucky enough to see a lot of people I really care about and miss...especially my childhood best friend from when we were 3. She's been all the way in Panama and I haven't seen her since she left a year and a half ago for the peace corp so seeing her made my Christmas extra special!

I must say that there's really nothing as amazing as finding a friendship that will literally last a lifetime. This particular friendship has lasted over 20 years and it's got enough fuel to last a million more lifetimes. I love you to the moon and back, Tali!!! Ok...enough mushy gushy stuff. I hope everyone had an amazing time celebrating Christmas yesterday! I'm getting ready to head out camping soon and I can't wait to post about it when I get back!!!!
Bunny Fur Coat: vintage
Silk Dress: Maggie Ward (Saks Fifth Avenue)
Tights: Hue
Crocodile Boots: vintage
Earrings & Necklace: Vanessa Mooney
Rings: Jenny Bird & Spanish Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment