Friday, January 24, 2014

A Peasant Surprise

Leather Jacket: DOMA Leather (here)
Cashmere Sweater: Enza Costa (here)
Maxi Skirt: Daniel Rainn (Nordstrom here)
Booties: Sam Edelman (here)
Versatility is key to a successful wardrobe. It's important to me that I'm able to wear most of my clothes year round (but that's only possible because I live in Southern California where the weather is typically beautiful all year long). I usually try to buy pieces that can be worn simply as is and then creatively layered for the chillier months. That way I can get the most bang for my buck! I mean...if you're going to spend a pretty penny on something, you should be able to wear it more than once a year!

I love to get creative and restyle my spring/summer pieces for fall/winter. And I find that maxi skirts are surprisingly perfect transitional pieces in my closet. 

This Daniel Rainn maxi already doubles as a dress so it really is the ultimate versatile piece! During the summers, I'd pull up the skirt to my chest over my bikini and simply belt it for a casual day by the pool or at the beach. For the cooler months, I style it as a skirt with a light cashmere sweater, a leather jacket, and some little booties. If it was colder, I probably would have thrown on some fleece-lined tights for an extra layer of warmth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment