Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Farfalle

If you still think that bow ties are just for boys, you're wrong! Over the past couple years, bow ties have been making a huge comeback in fashion...especially for women. But this trend is slowly drifting away again. I refuse to let a good thing go so I make it a point to work some bow ties into my outfits every once in awhile.

Since I went through a phase of DIY bow tie making, I just have too many bow ties to not wear. I classed up this outfit with my floral print bow in order to add a touch of femininity to my tailored look. 

Bow ties may be borrowed from the boys but they're oh so right for the girls! So help me bring it back in style, ladies & gents! 

Styling Tip: You can do as I did and add a bow tie to a tailored piece such as trousers or a blazer for a sleek and chic ensemble. For a girlier look, try tucking a blouse into a skirt and accessorizing with a statement bow tie.


Silk Tank: Maggie Ward (Saks Fifth Avenue here)
Cardigan: Maggie Ward (Saks Fifth Avenue)
Trousers: Geren Ford (here)
Heels: Jeffrey Campbell 'Solitaire' (here)
Floral Bow Tie: DIY by me

No comments:

Post a Comment