Monday, September 30, 2013

Don't Mesh With Me

Now that it's Fall, it's time to bust out those leather jackets ladies! I, for one, am obsessed with a great leather jacket and that's why I believe it's one of those items that are worth splurging on. Like a great classic leather purse, these jackets will last you years! I've had this jacket for about 3 years now and you can't even tell that I've used it and abused it to death! I layered this poor thing over my mesh crop top and paired it with these genie-like silk sweatpants for a girls' night out on the town. I finished off the look with a pair of trusty Jeffrey Campbells and some jewelry. 

The best tip for wearing an all-black outfit is to mix it up with textures and/or prints. For this outfit, I decided to mix it up with a lot of different textures including some mesh knit, leather, sueded silk, and suede leather. Remember to keep your outfits interesting by mixing and matching textures...especially if you're going for a monochrome look like this!

Although my style changes often with my mood, my hair typically remains the same for long periods of time. I'm not really crazy about haircuts and change so I don't really take risks in the hair department like I do with my clothes and styling. My amazing friend, Emily, was brave enough to cut my hair while her fiancĂ© force fed me cronuts and maple bacon donuts! I digress but that was my first cronut and damn was it amazing lol. I'm so grateful for both Em and her man because I'm newly obsessed with my hair and the super delicious and heavenly cronut! 
Leather Jacket: Please (LF Stores)
Mesh Crop Top: Evil Twin
Sueded Silk Pants: Maggie Ward from Nordstrom (here)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell 'Hough' (here)
Necklace: Vanessa Mooney 'Clearing Things Up'
Bracelets: Jenny Bird and Luv AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment