Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sheer Pleasure

I also picked up this exquisite little number on my crazy shopping spree at the Isabel Marant pour H&M collaboration launch that I wrote about in "I maRant to H&M". 

This silk chiffon dress far exceeded my expectations. The lookbook really does not do this dress any justice (even though Milla Jovovich looks stunning as always). You have to see the dress in person to appreciate the intricate details that include: the subtle metallic embroidery throughout the dress, the peacock-like pattern, the puffed shoulders and ruching on the sleeves, the cinched waist, and the raw edges.  

I really love how this dress just effortlessly oozes class and elegance with its conservative yet form-fitting silhouette and intricate details. This dress hits just below the knee so in order to elongate my legs, I styled it with a nude heel. I kept the rest of the look simple for my boyfriend's family brunch with minimal jewelry, makeup, and a nude lip. For a nighttime look, this dress would look spectacular with some classic black pumps, a long black coat, and some red lips to add some drama. Now show me how you girls styled your Isabel Marant pour H&M silk chiffon dresses! 
Jacket: Isabel Marant pour H&M (here)
(Complete Lookbook here)
 Shoes: Steve Madden (similar here)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment