Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I'm Stumped

There's no better way to enjoy Portland, OR (aka Beervana) than to drink wayyy more beer than you know you should with some of your favorite people...and that's exactly what I did! I spent 8 wonderful days in "Stumptown" exploring the beautiful city, eating my heart out, and drinking my liver to death. 

From the moment I arrived, I hit the ground running and took full advantage of the surprisingly perfect sunny weather there. I roamed the streets, parks, bridges, and so much more. Since this was my first trip to Portland, I visited tons of touristy sites (pictured below). But by 5pm every day, my trip turned into a beerfest with my friends, my cousin and her grad school buddies. 

I left Portland with a crazy hangover, a gnarly cough and cold, and 5 more lbs but it was all offset by the many new memories and friends I've made (including the most amazing 71 year old lady I met on my flight to PDX)! And to top it off...I even learned how to use public transportation! 

I definitely can't wait to head back and visit again soon! 
Scarf: LF Stores
Sweater: Millau (LF Stores)
High-waisted Corduroy Pants: CarMar (LF Stores)
Blouse: OneTeaspoon
Boots: Miz Mooz 'Bono' Boots (here in brown)
Crystal Necklace: Vanessa Mooney
Tanner Springs Park
Enjoyed quite a few Chainbreakers at Deschutes Brewery
Tried the Mexican Hot Chocolate Doughnut (which was spicy but surprisingly tasty) and the Maple Bacon Bar (which was just heavenly because bacon is heavenly)
Elephant!!!!
The Broadway Bridge
The Fields Neighborhood Park and the Fremont Bridge
Director Park
Chess at the park
Portlandia Statue
The Hawthorne Bridge
School
The Elysian Night Owl pumpkin beer tasted like a pumpkin pie in liquid form! So amazing!
A random patch of land the length of two city blocks where the goats roamed. This little bit of randomness made my trip sooo much better!
Rooftop beers at Noble Rot
 
 Top: MinkPink
Sweater: Izod
Green Corduroy: Joe's Jeans
Boots: Miz Mooz 'Bono' Boots (here in brown)
Crystal Necklace: Vanessa Mooney
 
 Picnicking at the Washington Park Amphitheater
The International Rose Test Garden
Talisa caught in the middle of a staring contest at Old Town Pizza
 The beautiful Steel Bridge
Hanging out after our mini dance party on the roof
The Lan Su Chinese Gardens
Enjoyed a Hefeweizen beer at Widmer Brothers Brewery
 
Gaucho Girls in Portland
My favorite roommate ever...Katie!!!
Portland Aerial Tram
Gorgeous view of Portland from the tram
My ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment