Monday, July 1, 2013

Cold Shoulders

My boyfriend decided to surprise me with a really nice 'dinner and a movie' type of date. Without telling me what we were doing or where we were going, I put together this outfit. I figured since the weather in LA has been in the 100s lately, I'd throw on something that I wouldn't overheat in.

I'm really not a fan of surprises but this was such a fun date! It's rare that I get to go on nice dates with my boyfriend because of our conflicting work schedules but this worked out perfectly for us. He took me to this luxurious movie theater about 45 minutes from where we live. You may wonder what's so luxurious about it that we'd drive so far.  So let me just start with RECLINING LEATHER SEATS! Yeah...you read that right! He planned ahead and reserved our seats online earlier. Once we got there and were seated, a waitress came and took our order for dinner. Honestly, this was the fanciest movie theater I have ever been to with gourmet food AND cocktails! All I had to do if I wanted to order more food or get a refill was push a button on my seat and our waitress came to us in a matter of seconds! To top off the amazingness of this place, I was able to put the armrest between us up and snuggle comfortably with my man.

Because I wasn't expecting to go to the movies, I wasn't prepared for the cold air conditioning. But that was fine because my boyfriend just simply pressed the button and ordered a blanket for me to keep my 'cold shoulders' and legs warm.

Overall, I give my boyfriend an A+ for this date. Perfect movie (Monsters University...since I'm a total sucker for any and all animated/family movies), perfect atmosphere, perfect dinner, and perfect boyfriend. Can't really complain about any of that. 

'Cold Shoulders' Blouse: Finders Keepers
Silk Patterned Shorts: Greylin (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Dolce Vita 'Elka' Sandals (here in black/silver)
Purse: Miu Miu (here)
Necklace: Chan Luu (similar here in grey Swarovski crystals and black leather)
Rings: TomTom Jewelry (here and here)
Cross Bracelets: Vanessa Mooney





No comments:

Post a Comment