Thursday, July 11, 2013

Color-Block Party

When it came to getting dressed for dinner and a friend's birthday party, I was feeling a bit lazy and uninspired due to the hot weather. Then I luckily came across this beautiful silk color-blocked dress in my closet by Staple the Label. It was perfect because I was looking for something I didn't have to style much, that would keep me cool, and that was still cute and trendy. This dress was the obvious winner for the night.
 
Staple the Label is probably one of my favorite Australian brands because their clothes are so simple and relaxed, but also chic and stylish. They start with a basic and tweak it a bit to keep it fresh and new. They play with the silhouettes, colors, and hemlines, which makes their basics more unique and fun.

Like I said, I didn't have to style it much. All I really did was add a vintage Versace belt to accentuate my waist and add some accessories to complete the look. As for my hair, I did something a little more special than just my usual topknot. I braided it and then made a bun hahaha (I have to be the laziest person when it comes to hair). My hair is so difficult to manage because it's so thick and heavy. The only way I know how to beat the heat is by throwing it up and plopping it on top of my head. Anybody have any tips or summer hairstyles for long thick hair? I need help!!!!

Silk Shirt/Dress: Staple the Label
Shoes: Dolce Vita 'Elka' (here in black/silver)
Purse: Miu Miu (here)
Belt: vintage Versace
Necklace: Vanessa Mooney
Bracelets: Vanessa Mooney (here) and Luv AJ (here)
Rings: TomTom (here) and vintage






No comments:

Post a Comment