Friday, July 5, 2013

American Woman

Fourth of July is usually pretty mellow for me. I typically spend it with my boyfriend and family...and this year wasn't really any different. Spent the day eating smoked pork chops, chips and guacamole, grilled veggies, jello, and whatever else I could get my little paws on. I swam around, worked up an appetite, and then stuffed my face again.  Later when the sun began to set, we headed off to watch fireworks out in Valencia, CA. Overall, I had a nice and relaxing day with people that I love.

The obvious choice for this holiday is to wear red, white, and blue, which made the outfit choosing process a lot quicker. I channeled 'old' Miley Cyrus circa 'Party in the USA', and went with some polka dot cutoff denim shorts, a soft white T-shirt with an American flag graphic print, and an old pair of my red cowgirl boots. I completed the look by piling on some jewelry from Vanessa Mooney, Amrita Singh, and some vintage treasures. Hope everyone had a safe and happy Independence Day/4-day weekend!

P.S. Isn't my boyfriend's little cousin, Erika, the cutest thing in the world?! She works those milkmaid braids and overalls so gosh darn well. Gotta love that little cutie pie! ❤

T-shirt: Chaser (more American tops from Chaser here, here, and here)
Red Cowgirl Boots: vintage
Jewelry: Vanessa Mooney (here and here)
Denim Shorts: One Teaspoon 'Bandits' in blue polka dot (now on sale here)



 








No comments:

Post a Comment