Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fake It Til You Make It


Faux Leather Shorts: MinkPink
Sweater: Swell
Heels: Jeffrey Campbell "Solitaire"
Necklace: Chan Luu
Bracelet: Luv AJ
 
When it comes to leather/faux leather shorts, I personally like to stick with a classic black style because I know that I'll get the most wear out of them. Leather shorts can be surprisingly versatile, sleek, and edgy.

Styling Tips:

For a more tailored look: I suggest tucking a nice silk or chiffon button down blouse into your shorts and pairing it with some classic pumps. And maybe top off the outfit with a nice tailored blazer for a more polished look. Try a printed blazer for more sass and edge. 

For a sportier look: I suggest tucking your favorite simple plain t-shirt into your shorts, and layering a cute bomber or Letterman jacket over. I would probably pair this outfit with some sleek girlie heels to contrast the sportiness of the look, but I think Converse sneakers would be a great alternative if heels just aren't your thing. 

I kind of did a casual look with some feminine touches for my outfit. I kept it simple with a knit sweater slightly tucked into my shorts, but added some pointed toe pumps and a clutch. If the weather were any cooler, I would have opted for tights under my shorts and a nice thick, chunky knit sweater. How would you girls style your leather shorts?! Feel free to email me and show me! Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment